Sunday 9 March 2014

Review on new Wet n Wild products


I was so delighted to learn that Wet n Wild is now being sold in my home town! This is a first as where I live american brands are hard to come buy. All I need now is for somewhere to start selling NYX at a nice price. Back to Wet n Wild though, the products are reasonably priced with eye-shadow palettes starting off at €4.49 and eye-liners for €1.99. With reasonable prices I defiantly had to buy something as I am a long time subscriber on YouTube to many different American beauty vloggers. I heard good things about the Wet n Wild eye-shadow sets and their nail polishes so I did invest in some new eyeshadows. The first thing I bought was the eye-shadow trio in Silent Treatment which comes with a brow-bone colour, which is a baby pink shade, a crease shade, which is dark in colour with sparkles throughout and a eyelid colour which was a pretty mauve like shade. The pigmentation is incredible and these eye-shadows are by far some of the best I've found at such a cheap price. The colours lasted really well but I always were a primer under my shadows anyway. The colours go so well together and I wore them out for a night out with some friends and they lasted so well and when I came on my eye make-up looked perfect. These colours looked really well on and made my green eyes pop! The packaging is simple and cute and it came with some applicators but I prefer using my sigma brushes for doing my make-up. My next purchases were the colour icon glitter singles which looked to pretty not to buy. They set me back €1.99 each. I picked up the shades Bleached and Brass. The first reminded me of a fairy like glitter and the second is like a gold glitter. When I opened them to swatch I wasn't overly impressed with them sadly! They look amazing in the pan but they don't swatch as well as I had hoped and they were difficult to remove as are any glitter products are. They also felt slippery and I don't think that these will look well on the eyes to be perfectly honest and they don't layer well but having said that the packaging at the back said that these can be used anywhere and I think that they will get some use for fancy dress when I can exaggerate my look. Over all I give a huge thumbs up for the trio eye-shadow palette I bought but sadly a thumbs down on the glitters as I cant think of a good use for them. Becca xo


No comments:

Post a Comment